Wednesday, November 2, 2011

the Dawn of a New Day

Yesterday evening the crew of the Africa Mercy had the pleasure of a screening of the film "Dawn of a New Day". This documentary was filmed onboard in Benin in 2009, and in Cape Town, South Africa, following the steps of Dr. Tertius Venter. I'm going to get ahold of it and we'll have a movie night when we get home! Popcorn! Yeah! It shows the ship and patient's stories beautifully set to haunting music, and I can't wait to show it all to you. It was lovely to be able to see patient's stories from the beginning of their journeys at home to the ship and their joyous reunions with their families afterwards.

I'm attaching the link to the site:
http://www.journeyman.tv/62177/documentaries/the-dawn-of-a-new-day.html

2 comments:

Karita said...

I'll stock up on kleenex! ;)

I love you & miss you. I can't wait til you're home but trying not to be too selfish. ;)

Karita said...

ok...i watched the clip...i definitely want to see the whole documentary. i can only imagine what a testimony to our Lord!

kara