Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I had a shocking moment of realization today when I looked at the calendar and realized that there are a mere 16 whole days before leaving the Africa Mercy. I'm not the only one for sure, the Sierra Leonian visit of the Africa Mercy drawing to a conclusion. My fellow nurses are starting to leave one by one and the days are filling up with sad goodbyes. Those lucky enough to remain are also sad and get a bit of a pass 'cause they get to keep a few friends around, but still.

On the bright side, I get to take my bunkmate with me to South Africa! Rachel is coming with me for a good adventure further south before she comes back to the Africa Mercy for it's field assignment in Togo. Lucky girl!

But January 7th I'll be headed home :-)

1 comment:

Mom said...

We can't wait for you to come home, but are also excited for you to be going to SA as there will be lots of family fun, and lots of eager excited people who love you awaiting your arrival anxiously there. By the way, Oumie's birthday is December 6th.
Once you are back from the Berg, I would like to see if you can go and get a Christmas present for her and Granny

Love and hugs