Monday, July 11, 2011

John Obey Beach

I feature! Four new friends and I took a beach trip (another adventure for another day), and after a whole lot of hoopla made it to a stunning beach. Gorgeous water, beach & eco-lodge. It's rainy season so the trip didn't last long before an absolute black deluge, and upload of photos is extremely slow here. Also, I have dirt in my lense, yes, I realize, and can't figure out how to undo my camera to get it out. Forgive the black spots. Oh, and the uber cool mud hut is a eco-lodge. Actual safe housing. If Sierra Leonians were set up in these, it would be steps in the right direction!









8 comments:

Kristi said...

Stunning!!!! Beautiful beach! LOVE the picture with the boat =) At least that one doesn't have black spots!!

Lycia said...

Ha! I think the pepper in the pictures just adds something to it.....

steph said...

Wow, that is beautiful! Very dramatic scenery! Hope you get to return often!

Karita said...

Both the beach photos and the children's stories have left me speechless--except for these comments. May God heal their hearts, their minds and their bodies.

Mom said...

Wow, so beautiful, looks like the beach we stayed at I the Transkei - where we ate lobsters and stayed in the rondavels....

Africa is beautiful. Grace to love these people through their tragedies is a gift of love you can give them, I hope you will find ways to connect with them even though you don't necessarily speak the language. How did your first day off orientation go...

I couldn't find the comment that Oumie made - could be that it didn't get sent because she had not signed into her email account.
Hugs galore, Love Mom

Leslie Greer said...

Great photography!! Good to see YOU! Those were amazing stories. Life is easy here compared to Sierra Leone.
Love you.

Angela said...

Love the photos!!!!

- A

Dana said...

Scenery is so beautiful! Amazing stories and I know God is blessing you each and every day. Can't wait to hear more.

Love,
Dana